A clinic could be a building where you receive outpatient care.
There are many sorts of clinics. Some are stand-alone practices, while others could also be related to a hospital or university. You’ll be able to even find some health clinics inside a sales outlet.
The services offered by each sort of clinic can vary widely, too. Some forms of clinics offer a broad range of healthcare services while others provide specialized care.
Below we’ll explore 10 differing kinds of health clinics, the services they supply, and the way to seek out affordable care.
1. Medical aid clinics
One of the foremost popular varieties of clinics is people who specialize in medical care. Medical aid clinics cover a large range of routine and preventive healthcare services, such as:
- annual physicals
- laboratory testing, like blood tests and urine tests
- screening and treatment for conditions like high cholesterol, high-pressure level, or diabetes
- care for minor symptoms, like pharyngitis, cough, or nasal congestion
- treatment for common illnesses like colds, the flu, or tract infections (UTIs)
- treatment of some injuries, like minor cuts or burns
The doctors you’ll see at a medical aid clinic practice internal medicine in their field. This may include family practice, general medicine, or pediatrics.
However, you’ll also meet with other forms of healthcare professionals, like physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
Additionally, some medical care clinics may offer services at low cost or no cost. These clinics could also be observed as free or charitable clinics.
2. Specialized clinics
While a medical aid clinic offers a broad range of services, a specialized clinic focuses on a particular area of medication. The providers during a specialized clinic will have specific training that focuses on medical fields such as:
- ear, nose, and throat (ENT)
- gynecology and obstetrics
- physical therapy
- sports medicine
Specialized clinics are often related to a healthcare system or hospital group, but they will even be stand-alone practices.
If you would like the care that only a specialist can provide, your medical care provider can offer you a referral.
3. Sexual health clinics
This type of clinic encompasses a specific specialization in sexual and reproductive health for both women and men. You’ll be able to visit a sexual health clinic for several styles of services, such as:
- access to contraceptive methods, like condoms, oral contraceptives (birth control pills), or intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- pelvic exams
- screening for a few forms of cancers, like cervical cancer, carcinoma, and seminoma
- pregnancy testing and prenatal exams
- vaccinations for diseases like HPV or serum hepatitis
- HIV services
- help with men’s health conditions, like ED or ejaculation
- infertility counseling or referrals
- abortion services or referrals
- advice regarding adoption
- counseling following sex offense
It’s important to notice that the kinds of services that are offered can vary by clinic.
If you’re searching for a selected kind of service, contact a clinic to learn whether or not they offer the kind of care you’re trying to find.
ALSO READ: Healthy Eating Tips For A Healthier You
4. mental state clinics
If you’re concerned about your mental state, this kind of clinic could also be ready to provide the treatment and services you would like.
The healthcare providers who work in a psychological state clinic are focused on helping diagnose and treat many sorts of psychological state conditions. Some samples of these conditions include but aren’t limited to:
- anxiety disorders
- bipolar disorder
- substance use disorders
- eating disorders
Some healthcare providers you’ll be available contact with at a mental state clinic include psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers. The services they supply may include:
- diagnosis of psychological state conditions
- outpatient counseling, which might occur in a person, group, or family setting
- prescription medications to assist manage psychological state conditions
- case management services
- supportive services, like help with managing medications or developing a support network
5. Addiction services clinics
These styles of clinics provide outpatient services to individuals who are recovering from a substance use disorder.
outpatient addiction services clinics, generally speaking, are best geared toward folks that have the following:
- a stable living environment
- a strong social support network
- reliable transportation
group counseling is a key focus of an addiction services clinic. Often held multiple times per week are counseling sessions. Other services that will be provided include:
- drug and alcohol education
- treatment of other medical or mental state conditions
- help with returning to the workforce or growing your support network
6. Community health centers
A community health clinic may be a sort of clinic that’s community-directed and supported by federal funding. They’re geared toward serving communities that will not have access to affordable healthcare.
To receive federal funding, a community clinic must meet the subsequent five criteria:
- offer healthcare services within a district or community that’s classified as medically underserved
- provide comprehensive medical care in conjunction with supportive services like health education and translation
- adjust the prices of services supported an individual’s ability to pay
- be directed by a board that’s predominantly a product of community members
- meet additional requirements associated with performance, finances, and administration
In addition to medical aid, other services may be integrated into a community consultation room. Some examples include:
- dental care
- mental healthcare
- treatment or counseling for substance use disorders